Uloba was founded in 1991. It is based on the principles of empowerment, full citizenship and human rights. The cooperative is owned and run by disabled people according to the philosophy of Independent Living.
The Independent Living Movement started as a grass-root movement in the USA in the 70s. The black people’s civil rights movement and Martin Luther King Jr. were of great inspiration to the pioneers of the Independent Living Movement.
• Uloba is the only cooperative on personal assistance in Norway.
• Uloba is based on the principles of the Independent Living Movement.
• Uloba is owned by disabled people and is run on a non-commersial basis.
• Uloba is open to everybody who wants personal assistance.
• Uloba’s service is available throughout the country.
• Uloba runs 27 % of all personal assistance programs in Norway.
Nothing about us without us!